Instagram occasionally has login problems, just like any other application. Any device, including PCs and phones, may have the issue.
When you click on a website’s “log in with Instagram” button and it either stays greyed out and unusable or displays login difficulties, there’s nothing worse. Here are all the responses to frequently asked questions about Instagram login errors and why you can’t log in.
Why won’t Instagram allow me to log in?
There could be multiple explanations for your inability to access your Instagram account. Nonetheless, a few of the causes can be as follows:
Incorrect username and password
Blocked or disabled account
Using an old version of the Instagram app
Instagram server error
These are a handful of the reasons why you can experience Instagram login problems. Let’s now examine a solution for the Instagram won’t allow me to log in issue.
Method 1: Restart your phone
Occasionally, you can get Instagram to work correctly by just restarting the app. You might have a lot of background processes open if you use your device for extended periods of time. There may not be enough system resources available for the Instagram app to launch or function when you have a lot of background processes open. Restarting your device, however, will end all background processes and release system resources. Restarting your smartphone may perhaps resolve the Instagram not letting me log in issue. Try to open Instagram again and sign into your account after restarting your smartphone.
Method 2: Check your Internet connection
You may have an unreliable internet connection if you are having trouble logging into your Instagram account. You won’t be able to log in or use the Instagram app if you don’t have a reliable internet connection since the program can’t properly connect to the servers. Before attempting to log into your account, ensure that your internet connection is steady.
To resolve the Instagram won’t let me log in issue, you can restart your network and perform a speed test. For this procedure, adhere to these steps:
- Take your router out of the box and give it ten to fifteen seconds to rest.
- Reinstall the router’s power cord after 15 seconds.
- Await the router’s startup.
- Lastly, try logging into your Instagram account after connecting your phone to the internet.
You can attempt the following technique if this one was unsuccessful in resolving the log in issue.
Method 3: Update the Instagram app
The Instagram app may not be able to properly communicate with its servers if you are using an older version of the program, which could cause login problems. Download the most recent version of the app to address the issue of being unable to log in to Instagram.
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone and select the Profile option located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select My games and applications.
- Click the top-level Updates tab.
- Last but not least, see if Instagram has any updates accessible.
If there are any Instagram updates available, download them and attempt to access your account.
Method 4: Clear cache for Instagram
An application’s files may occasionally become corrupted, which could lead to an app malfunction. Instagram won’t let me log in can probably be fixed by cleaning the app’s cache. If you’re having trouble logging in, it’s possible that the system files are corrupt. To remove Instagram’s cache on your Android device, take the following actions:
On your device, open Settings.
Navigate to the Apps section by scrolling down.
Select “Manage apps”
From the list of apps on your screen, locate and launch Instagram.
At the bottom of the screen, select Clear data.
From the pop-up menu, choose Clear Cache.
To verify, press OK at the end.
Try launching Instagram again and logging in with your credentials after deleting the app’s trash.
Method 5: Reset your login password
You might be entering the incorrect account password or forgetting your password at the moment of login if you are having trouble logging into your Instagram account. Resetting your Instagram login credentials will resolve this issue when Instagram won’t let you log in.
- Launch the Instagram app on your gadget, then type your username in the designated space.
- Select “Get help logging in” at this point.
- Enter the email address or phone number associated with your Instagram account in the text area.
Your phone number or email address should be entered in the text field.
- Click Next once the phone number or email address has been entered.
- To recover your account, enter your email address and click Send an email.
- To retrieve your password, open your device’s email account and locate the 6-digit code Instagram supplied you.
- Go back to Instagram and copy the six-digit code.
- Insert the six-digit code into the text field.
- Choose “Next.”
- Your account will be automatically logged into by Instagram.
- Last but not least, you can modify your password by accessing your Security settings.
Method 6: Set the correct date and time on your device
The incorrect date and time on your device are most likely the reason Instagram is unable to connect with its servers if you are unable to get into your account. Instagram may refuse your request to access its servers if the date and time on your device are incorrect. Therefore, make sure you have the correct date and time configured on your device in order to resolve the Instagram won’t let me log issue.
- Navigate to Additional Settings in your device’s Settings. But each phone will have a different choice for this. You may need to go to the settings for general management.
- Go to Additional Settings and select Date and Time.
- In order to make sure your device sets the correct date and time automatically, turn on the toggle for Automatic date and time.