It’s a good idea to log out of Instagram after your daily read through the unending feed, especially if you’re using a shared smartphone. This will guarantee that someone picking up your phone or getting on the computer you were using won’t be able to access your account.
Instagram is easy to log out of, but be aware that you must spend some time signing out on your computer and phone.
How to log out of an Instagram Account on a Computer
Which do you prefer—using your phone or computer? If so, logging out of an Instagram account requires somewhat different processes than logging out of the Instagram app. If your smartphone is running the default mobile browser, these procedures still apply.
- Navigate to the Instagram website using a desktop browser, then sign in to your account.
- You can locate your profile symbol in the lower-left corner of the screen. To access your profile page, click the picture of your profile.
- In front of your username, click the gear symbol. The settings screen can be accessed by clicking on this settings menu icon.
- Locate the “Log out” menu item and select it.
- After learning how to log off of Instagram, go one step further. Secure your account by deleting your login credentials, especially if you’re using a shared device. Visit the Instagram home screen once you’ve logged out. It should now be impossible to see your user information. If so, shut the browser window and empty the cache on your machine. Check by launching your web browser and visiting Instagram.
How to log out of Instagram on your mobile device
It’s safe to argue that the majority of Instagram users access the network through smartphones, given its humble beginnings. This is the process for logging off of Instagram via the mobile app. The instructions are the same for users of Android and iPhone apps.
- On your Android or iPhone smartphone, touch on your profile image located in the lower right corner of the Instagram app.
- Select Settings after tapping the three lines in the upper right corner. It’s the symbol for gears.
- Select “Log out” after swiping to the bottom of the page.
- There will be a pop-up window. A prompt asking to store your login credentials will appear. Then select “Save.” If not, select “Not now.”
- Once more, using an Android or iPhone, select “Log out.”
- You will not frequently need to log out if you are the only one who has access to your phone. That being said, we advise you to occasionally log out.
How to Log Somone Out of Your Instagram Account
You should know how to remove someone from your Instagram account for a number of reasons. Maybe you granted someone access to your login credentials that you would prefer they not have. Alternatively, perhaps some dubious activity has been detected on your account. If someone gained unauthorized access to your account, follow the previously specified procedures again, being sure to remove your login credentials. After that, modify your Instagram password.
An option to “Log out of all devices” will be presented to you. By clicking on this, you can remove unauthorized users from your account. You will need to use your new password to access Instagram on any devices you may have been using. You can accomplish this using a basic mobile browser or an Apple or Android app.
It is essential to know how to log off of Instagram. particularly if there have been prior instances of unwanted access. Develop the practice of regularly logging off of your Instagram account. Remember to change your password and log out of all devices used. For assistance with logins and other security concerns, lastly, get in touch with Instagram.
Logging off after each session or at the end of the day feels pointless and laborious. then needing to reenter your login information each time you wish to log back in. However, recovering your account once it has been compromised requires more effort. Sometimes accounts are never retrieved.
You now know how easy it is to protect your privacy on Instagram by knowing how to log out. Once you develop the habit, it won’t bother you as much. Make every effort to protect and maintain the privacy of your online data. Remember that if you need assistance, you can always use the desktop and app help or mobile browser help. When it comes to protecting your privacy, there’s no alternative for careful consideration.