With “Into the Unknown” Idina Menzel, a Broadway legend and performer of the hit musical Frozen, revealed five Wicked-ly fascinating facts about herself to Us Weekly exclusively.
The actress was attempting to establish a reputation for herself by singing at various celebrations — and lying about her age — decades before she was a Tony Award winner or had a huge hit with the Frozen franchise.
According to the Glee alum, “I used to sing at weddings and Bar Mitzvahs,” adding that she “lied about my age as a teenager so I could perform.”
Menzel’s breakthrough came when she created the character of Maureen in the 1995 film Rent. She later wed Taye Diggs, a co-star, in 2003. With her subsequent roles as Elphaba in Wicked and Elsa in the 2013 Disney animated movie Frozen, the Enchanted actress was able to advance her career to new heights.
Despite splitting up in 2014, Idina Menzel and Diggs still co-parent their son Walker, who is 12 years old. Despite the fact that her kid is now in his preteen years, the Cinderella star tells Us that she “still prefers to cradle him like a baby while he sleeps.” Along with that, she gave him the treehouse of her desires, the one she “always dreamed I had as a kid.”
Menzel fantasises about her future career choices while she isn’t caring for her son, spending time with her husband Aaron Lohr, or performing. According to her, “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston is her go-to song to sing in the shower. “My dream duet is with U2 frontman Bono,” she tells Us.
- Miranda Lambert Is Unfazed By Fans’ Thirsty Comments On Her Husband’s Shirtless Instagram Photos
- Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman Celebrate Their 16th Wedding Anniversary with The Throwback Song “like It Was Yesterday”
- Machine Gun at His Concert, Kelly Loses His Composure and Smashes His Guitar.
For more entertaining information on Menzel, continue reading:
- Idina Menzel is my real name, actually. Honorary Doctor of Fine Arts was conferred to me.
- I have performed at Bar Mitzvahs and weddings in the past.
- To be able to perform, I lied about my age as a teenager.
- In the same key, I love to sing Whitney Houston’s “I Have Nothing” in the shower.
- Despite the fact that my 12-year-old son Walker is still a baby, I still enjoy rocking him to sleep.
- My pancakes are fantastic.
- I gave my son the treehouse I’d always hoped I’d had when I was a kid.
- The Black Stallion is my favourite movie.
- I can use either hand.
- Wet kisses are not my favourite. except when they come from Louie, my dog.
- If I’m eating popcorn, I must have a Diet Coke.
- I frequently have nightmares in which I am losing my teeth and haven’t graduated from college.
- The U2 frontman Bono and I would make a great duet.
- I adore my 1988 Mercedes convertible, which is baby blue.
- In my backyard, I tied the knot with Aaron Lohr, the man I have been with for four years.
- I bought Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson’s A Star Is Born soundtrack as my first-ever album.
- Anywhere I go, I can sleep.
- I have no body art.
- I have a lot of rivalries.
- At my son’s basketball games, I have to be careful what I say.
- I enjoy eating breakfast for dinner.
- My buttered bagel and coffee go well together.
- I’d rather be on my couch than on a red carpet, according to number 23.
- The West Wing is one of my favourite TV programmes.
- When I saw how well-groomed the other moms were at school drop-off in the morning, I was inspired to launch my clothing brand, Encore by Idina Menzel.
To know more updates about entertainment information please checkout landscapeinsight.com
Andrew Walker is the Chief Editor at “Landscape Insight” and has a background in journalism. He has been writing for Landscape Insight on a wide range of Entertainment topics including Celebrity Net Worth, Controversies, Web Series & Movie Updates, etc. When he isn’t writing, Andrew enjoys playing video games and baseball. You can reach Andrew at – email@example.com or by Our website Contact Us Page.