Lena Waithe is the creator of the American drama television series The Chi (pronounce THE-SHY), which is about life in a South Side Chicago neighborhood. Rick Famuyiwa was the director of the pilot.
On January 7, 2018, Showtime broadcast the debut. Following the conclusion of the fourth season in August 2021, it was revealed that the show has been renewed for a fifth season, which debuted on June 24, 2022. The program received a sixth-season renewal in August 2022.
Is Season 6 Of The Chi Being Renewed?
The second-longest-running current series on Showtime has had its sixth season ordered, the network revealed on Thursday, August 18.
The Chi creator Waithe said to the entertainment website Complex, “We are extremely grateful to our Chi Family for their faithful support, all the talks, and for making us one of the most watched shows in Showtime’s history.”
“We are incredibly eager to tell these stories and watch these people develop in the future. Season 6 is something we are anticipating.”
Read More: In The Dark Season 5: Is It Renewed Or Cancelled? Latest Updates In 2022!
While season five was still in progress, word of the renewal broke. Season five’s season finale debuted on September 4 and was made available for streaming on September 2.
What Is The Chi Season 6 Release Date?
Although a specific date has not yet been revealed, The Chi season 6 is scheduled to premiere in 2023.
Actor Jason Mitchell and creator/executive producer Lena Waithe during the Showtime “The Chi” Emmy FYC red carpet gala.
Season five, which is currently airing, thoroughly examined the community’s life concerns, such as co-parenting, living with a loved one, people running for office, life after becoming a parent, and dealing with post-cancer issues.
The cast of the show includes Shamon Brown Jr. as Papa, Judae’a Brown as Jemma, Hannaha Hall as Tiff, Iman Shumpert as Rob, Alex Hibbert as Kevin, Michael V. Epps as Jake, and Jacob Latimore as Emmett.
The series is described as follows on Showtime: “On a typical day on Chicago’s South Side, young adults are attempting to make a living, children are getting ready for school as their parents leave for work, and the elderly are keeping an eye on things from their front porches.
However, in this rough area, actual threats every day threaten to crush dreams, and even the smallest choices can have grave repercussions.”
Here is a link to the season five trailer:
Five Season Ratings
The Chi’s fifth season typically draws 206,000 viewers and receives a 0.07 rating in the 18-49 age group.
That represents a 2% decline in the demo and a 31% decline in viewers in the live+same day ratings compared to season four (including DVR playback through 3:00 AM).
These figures are a very good indication of how a show is performing, especially when compared to other programs on the same channel, even though they do not take into account subsequent delayed or streamed viewing.
Other economic variables may play a role in a show’s demise, but in general, higher-rated shows get renewed while lower-rated ones get canceled. Learn how The Chi compares to other Showtime TV programs.
Read More: High School Dxd Season 5 Release Date: What Is The Renewal Status in 2022?
- Brandon Johnson is Jason Mitchell (seasons 1–2)
- Ronnie Davis is played by Ntare Guma Mbaho Mwine (seasons 1–3)
- Emmett Washington is played by Jacob Latimore.
- Kevin Williams as played by Alex Hibbert
- Tiffany Boone played Brandon’s girlfriend Jerrika Little in seasons 1-2.
- Jada Washington, played by Yolonda Ross, is Emmett’s mother.
- Riesco as Detective Cruz in Armando (seasons 1–2)
- Emmett’s father Darnell is played by Rolando Boyce (seasons 2–present).
- Reg Taylor, Jake’s older brother and gang boss (season 2; recurring seasons 1), is portrayed by Barton Fitzpatrick.
- Stanley “Papa” Jackson, played by Shamon Brown Jr. (seasons 2–present; recurring season 1), is Kevin and Jake’s best friend.
- Jake Taylor, played by Michael V. Epps (seasons 2–present; recurring in season 1), is the younger brother of Reg and Trig and the best buddy of Kevin and Papa.
- Kevin’s older sister Kiesha Williams is portrayed by Birgundi Baker (season 3–present; recurring seasons 1-2).
- Reg and Jake’s estranged older brother Victor “Trig” Taylor is played by Luke James (seasons 4–present; recurring season 3).
- Otis “Douda” Perry is played by Curtiss Cook (season 4–present; recurring 2–3)
To Know More Latest Updates You Can Visit Our Website: landscapeinsight.com
Irving is the Chief Editor at the Landscape Insight. He lives just outside of New York. His writings have also been featured in some very famous magazines. When he isn’t reading the source material for a piece or decompressing with a comfort horror movie, Irving is usually somewhere in his car. You can reach Irving at – firstname.lastname@example.org or on Our website Contact Us Page.