Are you unable to access your Snapchat account? It is not possible for you to access your account if it is locked. Your Snapchat account has been temporarily disabled, and this message will appear when you attempt to check-in.
The entire error message may be seen here: “Oh my! There is a temporary lock on your account. Please check https://www.snapchat.com/locked for more information on possible causes of this incident.
Your Snapchat account lockout reason will be shown on the page when you visit it. t does not, however, explain how to unlock your Snapchat account on this webpage. It only lists the reasons your account is locked instead.
This tutorial will teach you how to get your Snapchat account unlocked, why it’s locked without any explanation and other useful tips.
How to unlock your locked Snapchat account
- Navigate to the “My Account is Locked” page on the Snapchat help website in order to unlock your locked account.
- Proceed to click the link labeled “unlocking your account,” enter your login credentials, and select “Unlock.”
- It will unlock your Snapchat account once you’ve tapped on the “Unlock” button.
- Put differently, there won’t be any errors when you try to log into your account.
- As a backup plan, consider holding off for a full day or two.
- The lock on your account, according to Snapchat, will remain in effect for a full day.
- Accordingly, following a 24-hour period, you will be permitted to log in.
- To unlock your account, follow the instructions below if, even after a day, you are still unable to access your Snapchat account.
Go to the “My Account is Locked” page & tap on “Unlocking your account
- You have temporarily had your Snapchat account locked.
- The “My Account is Locked” page must be visited first.
- You may find the “My Account is Locked” page on the Snapchat help page.
- Use Google to search for “Locked Snapchat” and then select the “My Account is Locked – Snapchat Support” link to accomplish the task.
- Another way to access the website is to hit this link: https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/locked.
- A few explanations for why your Snapchat account is locked will be displayed to you once you land on the website.
- Hit the next reason by scrolling down.
- You may have sent unsolicited messages, snaps, or spam, according to the second reason.
- “Unlocking your account” is the link that appears in the explanation of the second reason.
- To unlock your Snapchat account, use the “unlocking your account” button to bring up the login screen.
Open the Snapchat app and log in
- You’ll reach the log-in screen after selecting “unlocking your account.”
- An email address and password field are present on the login screen.
- Clicking this link will take you to the page: https://accounts.snapchat.com/accounts/unlock.
- Users whose Snapchat accounts have been locked for an extended period of time can access this website.
- You must access your account using that page if, after a day, your Snapchat account is still locked.
- If your Snapchat account is locked, enter its username or email address.
- To access your account, type in your password and click “Log in.”
- Open the Snapchat app without logging in.
- On the other screen that appears, you will find a button to hit in order to unlock your Snapchat account.
Tap on “Unlock”
- You’ll be taken to the “Locked Account” page after logging in.
- You should wait a few hours before logging in again, according to the notification displayed on the “Locked account” page.
- If your account has been locked for an extended period of time, you can click the “Unlock” option, according to the second paragraph.
- The last sentence advises against attempting to unlock your Snapchat account before erasing any installed third-party programs, customizations, or plugins.
- You will see a “Unlock” button at the bottom of the page.
- Unlock your Snapchat account by tapping the “Unlock” button.
- After that, drag the Snapchat app to the rear of your home screen.
- Finally, launch Snapchat and enter your account credentials.
- Hopefully, this time there won’t be any issues logging into your Snapchat account.
- The process of unlocking your Snapchat account has been successfully completed!
How do I know if my Snapchat is locked?
A “temporarily locked” error message may appear when you attempt to get into your Snapchat account if it is locked.
The entire error message is as follows: “Oh no! There is a temporary lock on your account. Please check https://www.snapchat.com/locked for more information on possible causes of this incident.
Your Snapchat account is restricted for a full day if you see this error notice.
You should have access to your account once more when a full day has passed.