Grieving during this Christmas season is particularly difficult because grief resides in the shadows between light and dark.
Everyone sends Christmas cards to friends and relatives. However, it might be difficult to know what to put in a card when someone has experienced a loss in the previous year, over the holiday season, or is struggling with the anniversary of a death.
You don’t want to be as joyful and celebratory as you usually are. To send the standard Merry Christmas message would be strange and would upset some people.
Try the sample wishes and messages below if you’re unsure of how to send a Christmas sympathy message or what to say to someone who has lost a loved one.
Christmas Sympathy Messages
- “I wish your Christmas to be one that can bring you hope and peace. All my love”
- “Sending my warmest wishes to you at Christmas and hoping you can find comfort amongst the family during the holiday season”
- “My deepest love to you and your family this Christmas. I will wish you blessings and peace for the holiday season”
- “It’s with such sadness I send this card. May your Christmas still be filled with love and happiness”
- “It isn’t right to wish you Merry Christmas after everything you’ve been through but I hope that better times are just over the horizon for you”
- “My prayers and thoughts are with you as you go through such tough times. May the holiday season provide some respite and cheer from the pain”
- “May the holiday season not be too painful for you and that you can look back on warmer memories from past Christmases”
- “I understand how difficult it has been for you recently and I hope that with the love of friends did family you can have a Christmas that is still filled with joy and happiness. All my love”
- “My most sincere sympathy for your tragic loss. May the love and support of those around you see you through the holidays”
- “My deepest sympathy this Christmas. May you remember ______ and all the love they brought”
- “Sending my best wishes to you and your whole family. Christmas is a time for love and togetherness and I hope that spirit can offer you some comfort when times are hard”
- “Hoping you can have a Happy Christmas this year and the love of those closest to you ease any pain”
- “Merry Christmas. After losing someone so special any holiday must be so tough. I hope you can have as nice a Christmas as possible and your grief isn’t too strong”
- “May the season of goodwill not bring back too many unwanted memories and the love of those closest to you is enough to help you through”
- “Wishing you and your whole family as much peace and happiness you can find during this difficult holiday”
- “Please know I can be there to talk if you feel lonely or need a friendly ear over the holidays. I understand how hard Christmas must be but you aren’t alone”
- “I’m not sure if sending this card is the right thing to do but I wanted to reach out and let you know you’re in my thoughts during the holiday season”
- “I pray God grants you and your family peace and that your Christmas can bring you cherished memories to remember”
- “I can’t begin to understand what Christmas must be like after you have lost a loved one in the way you did. I hope that the strength of friends and family supports you through such a tragic time”
- “May the cherished and treasured memories of ______ be a comfort this Christmas I know how much she/he loved the holidays and would have wanted you to carry on enjoying them even without them”
- “I will never forget _______ and what a truly special person they were. I just wish they were still with us this Christmas. I’m so sorry for your loss and hope the holiday season is not filled with too many bad memories”
- “You will be in my prayers over Christmas and the New Year. May God bless you with peace throughout”
- “I’m thinking of you this Christmas and sending lots of love. I hope you’re coping and doing ok”
- “The holidays are always so hard after losing someone so important. I am there for you if you need me”
- “I can’t begin to understand how difficult this time of year must be for you but please know you are in my thoughts. I hope you can have a Happy Christmas.”
Although losing a loved one is never simple, Christmas cards can provide joy and consolation. You can let your buddy know that you care about them and are there for them during this trying time by sending them one of the suggested messages. May those who have lost a loved one find comfort and hope in these Christmas cards.
Never forget that it’s never too late to extend a helping hand or show someone you care. Your buddy will know that you are thinking of them and their loved ones during Christmas if you send them one of these cards.
Chakshu Kaur is a talented content writer for Landscape Insight who specializes in writing about celebrity news, net worth, and the latest updates. She enjoys watching web series, which makes her the ideal fit for our entertainment category. You can reach Chakshu at – email@example.com or on Our website Contact Us Page.