Voting has opened for the Society of Garden Designers People’s Choice Award, the only award decided by public vote and not by the awards judging panel.
Some 17 projects are eligible across seven categories including three Residential Garden categories; International, Public & Communal Outdoor Space, Garden Jewel and Roof Garden.
Projects range from an Eastern-inspired family garden and the mature garden of a Victorian Villa, the redesign of a 17-acre estate in Gloucestershire from paddocks to a formal landscape, a public garden designed as a contemporary playscape and a roof garden on one of the largest roof terraces in London.
Members of the public can vote for their favourite garden through the SGD Awards website. Votes close on 31 October and the winner will be announced at The SGD Awards ceremony on Friday 2 February 2018 at London’s Landmark Hotel.
People’s Choice Finalists:
- Coach House – Jane Brockbank MSGD
- Domaine de Cambou – Fiona Stephenson MSGD
- Estuary Garden – Ian Kitson FSGD
- Great Martins – Matt Keightley MSGD
- Harbour Garden – Helen Elks-Smith MSGD
- Islington Courtyard Garden – Charlotte Rowe MSGD
- Pelorus – David Loy
- Plimsoll Terrace – Emily Erlam
- Ridgmount – Acres Wild, principal designer Debbie Roberts MSGD
- Sinuous Path – Sue Townsend MSGD
- Sopwell House Hotel – Ann-Marie Powell Gardens, principal designer Ann-Marie Powell MSGD
- The Magic Garden – Robert Myers MSGD
- Tyre Hill House – Matt Keightley MSGD
- Villa Palmera – James Basson MSGD
- Vineyard Mews – Matt Keightley MSGD
- Westmeon – The Garden Company, principal designer James Scott MSGD
- Willifield – The Garden Company, principal designer James Scott MSGD